EAGOT BylawApproved by the president of CGCS, KGOG, TGOG and CGCS at the foundation meeting on
2021/11/19 and will be discussed whether modification is necessary at the next general
Article 1. Name, Location and Composition
Section 1.1: Name
The name of this Organization is EAST ASIAN GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY TRIAL GROUP, hereinafter referred to as "EAGOT”.
Section 1.2: Address
Office of EAGOT shall be determined by the Council of EAGOT. Normally this will be collocated with the area of residence of the Chair. EAGOT may also have offices at other places as determined by Council.
Section 1.3: Language
English shall be the official language of EAGOT and shall be used for EAGOT purposes.
Section 1.4: Composition and Representation
EAGOT consist of national clinical trial groups that coordinates and promotes clinical trials within East-Asia for women with gynecological cancer. This coordination is particularly relevant for academic clinical trials, translational research, research on rare diseases, and for clinical trials sponsored by industry and governments to perform multinational studies in East Asia
Article 2. Purpose and Activities
Section 2.1: Purpose
The purpose of EAGOT is to conduct international clinical trials in an effort to provide best treatments to Asian women affected by gynecological cancer.
Section 2.2: Activities
EAGOT shall carry out following activities to achieve the purposes mentioned in Section 2.1.
1. Holding General Meetings, other business meeting and unofficial academic meetings.
2. Carrying out clinical trial process and providing guide for other official process of EAGOT.
3. Taking care of the relationship of EAGOT among member groups, industries, other scientific study group and each
4. Issuing official scholastic books.
5. Managing homepage of EAGOT.
6. Other activities which are deemed to be necessary by EAGOT.
Article 3. Membership
Section 3.1: Members
EAGOT shall be joined by organizations (groups) that subscribe to the purpose of EAGOT,
Members of EAGOT are Clinical Trial Groups located in East Asian countries who are able to fulfil the requirements
of the bylaws.
Current member of EAGOT consist of JGOG, KGOG, CGCS and TGOG.
EAGOT shall be comprised of regular member, special member and observer.
1. Regular member: who is Clinical Trial Groups located in East Asian countries, and subscribes to the purpose of EAGOT. They will enjoy all rights and privileges of The EAGOT as defined by the Bylaws. Regular Membership is c ontingent upon timely payment of annual dues.
2. Special member: who is acknowledged to be able to significantly contribute to the development of EAGOT, and subscribes to the purpose of EAGOT among individuals, incorporations, companies or organizations, and makes monetary contribution of required amount. This member is exempt from the registration fee.
3. Observer: who is incorporated individual and scientific organization and subscribes to the purpose of EAGOT.
Article 4. Membership dues
Section 4.1: Annual Dues
Annual dues for all categories of membership shall be recommended by Council. Payment of annual dues entitles the Regular Member to vote, and receive an opportunity of participation in clinical trial and other benefits of membership.
Section 4.2: Payment of Dues
Annual due for each member group is to be paid at the beginning of each calendar year in accordance with established Policy and Procedures of EAGOT. Annual membership fee is 3000USD.
Section 4.3: Rights
Regular members who have abided by their duties shall have the rights to propose, decide at the Board of Council and Committees, and elect and be elected to Council Members as defined by the bylaws. The other members shall have the right to make proposal at the Board of Council and Committees, but not for decide, elect, and be elected to Council members.
Article 5. Meeting
Section 5.1: Annual Meeting
The Annual meeting site shall be determined by Chair and Board of Executive one year prior to the meeting and the date shall be set by the Council in consultation with Board of Executive.
Section 5.2: Special, scientific, business and individual committee meeting
Special meetings may be called at any time by either the Chair or the Board of Council.
Other scientific, business and individual committee meetings can be held the time approved by Board of Executive.
Article 6. Board of Executive and Council
Section 6.1: Board of Executive
EAGOT shall appoint the following Board of Executive members.
1. Chair of EAGOT:
2. Past Chair:
3. Vice-Chair (Chair-Elect):
Board of Executive discuss the agenda of Council meeting.
The Board of Executive members may attend the Council meeting.
Section 6.2: Board of Council
EAGOT shall appoint the following Council members.
Members of Council shall consist of two (2) representatives’ persons from each member group, including
JGOG, KGOG, CGCS and TGOG.
One (1) representative of member group shall be the President of each group.
The group from which chair or vice chair of EAGOT is nominated can nominate two
additional Councils besides chair or vice chair.
Exceptionally, depending on the decision of the Council, there may be a few additional Council members.
Section 6.3: Agenda of the Board of Council
After discussing the agenda at the Board of Executive, the Board of Council shall discuss and resolve
the following agenda.
1. Convocation of the meetings of the member groups.
2. Resolution on admission of the member group(s).
3. Resolution on dismissal of member group(s).
4. Resolution on approval and decision of Council listed in bylaw
5. The other important issues of EAGOT.
Agenda of the Board of Council shall be decided by the attendance of more than half of the total number of Council
members and approval of the majority of the present Council members
Section 6.4: Election of Council Members
1. New Council members shall be recommended by each member group and endorsed by approval of the Board of
2. Chair od EAGOT shall be chosen among members of the EAGOT who's nationality is one of the initiating countries
(JGOG and KGOG) of the EAGOT until year 2023.
3. Starting from 2024, the position of Chair shall be open to the Member Groups of EAGOT and will be held by order.
The Chair shall be recommended by the EAGOT Member Groups and be elected by the approval of the Board of Council.
4. Secretary General and Treasurer shall be recommended by the Board of Executive, which shall consist of current
Chair, and endorsed by approval of the Board of Council.
Section 6.5: Duties and Tenures of Council Members
1. The Chair presides over the Board of Council, and the terms of the Chair lasts for one (1) year.
2. The term of a council member lasts for two (2) years, re-nomination is permitted.
3. The tenure of Council members, who are appointed as substitutes for vacancies shall be the rest of the remaining
tenure of one of the former Council members.
4. Secretary General takes charge of the general affairs of EAGOT and the tenure lasts for 1 years. He/She supervises
and makes plans on activities of EAGOT, and reports to Chair and the Board of Council
5. Treasurer takes charge of the mid-to-long term financial schedules and the tenure lasts for 2 (or 3) years.
He/She supervises and makes plans on financial activities of EAGOT, and reports to Chair and the Board of Council.
Articles 7-9 will be fixed after 3D/TR committees start discussion
Article 7. Committees
Section 7.1: Committees
The standing committees of EAGOT consist of Disease Site Committee including Cervical Cancer, Uterine Corpus
Cancer, Ovarian Cancer Committees, and Translational Research Committee. The Chair of EAGOT with the approval
of Council may convene ad hoc or special committees. (e.g. Bylaws, Education, Harmonization, Finance, Informatics etc.)
Section 7.2 : Standing Committees
Disease Site Committee and Translational Research Committee are composed of the representatives from each
The Head of each committee shall be recommended by the meeting of each committee and endorsed by approval
of the Board of Executive with consultation of Board of Council.
The term of Head and individual members of committees lasts for two (2) years, re-nomination is permitted.
This is draft plan: It was prepared because there was an opinion to strengthen the function of the administrative part in
pre-meeting. It should be discussed and decided at a later pre-meeting
(Section 7.3: Administrative Committee (or Office)
Members of Administrative Committee shall consist of one Head, Secretary General of EAGOT, current Secretary
Generals from each member groups and Treasurer (operational person).
The Head of committee (clinician or operational person) shall be endorsed by approval of the Board of Council.
The term of Head lasts for two (2) years, re-nomination is permitted.
Head attend The Board of Executive.
Administrative Committee shall carry out following activities to achieve the purposes of EAGOT
(Later, we will need to make activities to support the Board of Executive over a long period of time.)
1. Supporting the activities of the Board of Executives
2. Communicating and Harmonization among each group.
3. Other activities which are deemed to be necessary by EAGOT.)
Article 8. Finance and Accounting
Section 8.1: Finance
Expenses of EAGOT shall be appropriated by membership fee, contribution and other dues.
(And admission fee, when a new member joins)
Section 8.2: Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of EAGOT lasts for 1 year from beginning of new year (or the general assembly.)
Article 9. Amendments to the Bylaws
The Bylaws of EAGOT may be amended according to the following procedure:
Any proposal for amendment to the bylaws must be submitted to the Board of Council at least 2 (or 3) months before it meets. In no case shall the bylaws be amended unless the amendment was adopted by two-third of the Board of Council.
Article 10. Dissolution
Dissolution shall be proposed, processed and voted upon in the same
manner as stipulated in these Bylaws for Amendments.
* Last updated at 19th November 2021.